Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Adventure with Mercy ~ Senior Session

I had so much fun with Mercy on this cold yet vibrant fall day. Mercy isn't a stranger to being the subject of my photography...if you follow The Visualization Project, you might recognize her from my take on Mary Poppins. Mercy's a great friend of mine, and I was thrilled to do her senior pictures! The location was Sidecut Metropark in Maumee, OH- absolutely gorgeous. I'd been there a couple times before, but this was my first time exploring all the different areas of the park. Mercy and I were awed by its savage beauty, for Sidecut definitely has a wild tone to it. It was perfect for Mercy, because she, like me, is the sort that loves exploring the woods and having adventures. Climbing on top of rocks, standing in the middle of a river, and walking through the forest created a session that reminded me of Lord of the Rings in many ways, which is also perfect for Mercy, and it made me listen to The Song of the Lonely Mountain by Neil Finn from the first Hobbit movie over and over as I edited. 
 I hope you enjoy this session as much as I did!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” 

– J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord Of The Rings










   
    








Thanks for an amazing session, Mercy!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed these photos greatly. I think that the one of her sitting on the log might be my favorite. (And I'm the first to comment on your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannette! The log one is also one of my favorites...but there are so many others that I couldn't pick just one! And yes, you are. How exciting :)

      Delete
  2. Obviously, I like this pictures. Thank you again for taking them. I see that both on facebook and here that you put up the flattering ones of me instead of the weird ones. That was very professional of you and I suppose it would be considered nice. Oh, and your blog is turning out very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mercy...haha if you didn't like the pictures, that would be a problem. Yes, I figured that I should probably stick with the good ones. I did like the funny ones though. They amused me. And thank you!

      Delete